Hilarious & Horrifying
"Hey mom! Look at me!"
Those words are usually followed by some sort of action or outfit that most mothers would be shocked to see! Haha! Here is a countdown of the top 5 "look at me" moments of the past weeks, brought to you by my 5 children...
5. I turn around to see my 2 year old RIDING ON THE BABY'S BACK!!! "Ezrah's a horsey!" Oh good heavens!
4. My son filled up a small bowl of water, put straws in his mouth(like a walrus) & is drinking like this. "I think this is how walruses drink!" hmmm... not quite! But good idea! :)
3. The girls were doing a craft. Little Ester had put stickers on her legs & was dancing around, covered in princesses. It would have been no big deal, except the booty shaking & head bobbing was just too much! Priceless!
2. I look up & see my oldest... head to toe in superhero dress up. "You look great! What Avenger are you today?" then comes the kicker... "I am Tony Stark!" He whips back his armor & cape to show me a dress shirt & tie. Then he reaches into his pocket... "This is my wallet. I am VERY rich!" haha!
1. I'm sitting on the back patio watching the kids play, when I hear the line... I glance over to see my 4 year old covering the playground slide in mud, pouring water from the pool down it, also covering his arms & legs entirely in thick sticky mud! Then he climbed up the ladder & went down! Ha!
Just a glimpse into my life... hilarious & horrifying all at the same time! :)
A Letter To My 4 Year Old
In honor of my very big boy's birthday...
4 years ago you came into our lives! My life has never been the same!
I remember feeling nervous. I was so exhausted after weeks of contractions that I wasn't sure I could endure more labor & then care for a demanding newborn! So, I requested to be induced. I'm so sorry I wasn't patient! Your life began with impatience & this is still something both you & I struggle with daily!
Sometimes I think, what if I would have just waited?! Would we have needed all that pitocin? Would he have gotten stuck & his heart rate drop like it did? Would the nurses have had the "c-section" talk in the hallway?
Thank God we've got an eavesdropping, praying Grammy who interceded as soon as she heard the "C word". You came soon after...
It was my longest labor, but the reward is always in sight! I remember your cries like it was yesterday. You were so upset to have people trying to give you oxygen and poking you with things... all you wanted was mommy. I was all you needed!
As soon as you latched on, you latched eyes with me. Since that moment we've shared many looks between us: loving, adoring, frustrated, upset, caring... you & I seem to see into each other.
I often wonder why you do things or what causes you to react. If I'll just look into your eyes, it tells me all I need to know. I'm not just looking in your eyes, I'm looking at your heart.
You see, until you I didn't realize what a mommy's love could do. I didn't know how powerful it was! You were such a good baby, but I think if I had realized this one thing that we would have been so much happier, you & I.
I thought I had to DO something. I thought I had figured it all out. After all, I already had 2... but I felt the need to meet others' expectations with you, so I didn't listen to my heart. You are a special piece to the puzzle- shaped different from your brother & sister, your cousins, or anyone else!
I'm sorry sweet boy. I'm sorry I didn't remember that all you needed was my love. All you needed was me! You didn't need a schedule, or to put yourself to sleep. All you needed was to nurse & cuddle. You would have slept in my arms all day, but I was too busy with my other aspirations to just be with you.
I feel like we've made up for it! We lost a few precious months. I am so glad that God gives second chances. You & I have begun to peer into each other's hearts again & I see those same eyes, looking in adoration, but this time they don't need quite as much.
You've grown so much in 4 years. I love your passion. Never have I seen a boy who cares so deeply for things. Whether its music, or animals, or your brothers or sisters, or whether it's me... you might not always know how to show it, but you love us BIG!
I want you to always remember that deep love. I have it for you also. But more importantly, God has it for you.
He has a plan for that spirited, passionate, awesome personality of yours. You are gonna do amazing things!
There are a few other important things. Four to be exact...
1. Just because you ARE funny, doesn't mean it's always the right time to BE funny.
2. Girls don't like to be growled at, karate chopped, burped at, or most other boy-ish things.
3. Try not to terrify me. I know the little boy in you just aches for adventure, but sometimes I'm concerned.
4. The Bible says you don't need to be afraid... so that includes being afraid of dogs, the dark, leaving me, or anything!!
Happy Birthday my sweet boy! I love you more than you'll ever know!!
I am a mommy of SEVEN (yes 7) beautiful kids! They are amazing, wonderful, hilarious & the greatest babies I could ask for! I am married to my best friend & high school sweetheart, Michael.
I love to craft. I love to decorate. I am passionate about natural living & natural birthing. Sometimes I write stuff. I plan parties like my life depended on it. My favorite color is pink. My house is definitely NOT taupe. I typically cannot keep plants alive. I am only allowed to have dogs as pets because all others tend to have the same end result as the plants. Luckily my track record with kids is pretty good! Also, I drink a lot of coffee. And I really like tacos.